8 months ago
d.light is a for-profit social enterprise whose purpose is to create new freedoms for customers without access to reliable power so they can enjoy a brighter future. They design, manufacture and distribute solar light and power products throughout the developing world.
Through four hubs in Africa, China, South Asia and the United States, d.light has sold over 20 million solar light and power products in 65 countries, improving the lives of over 91 million people. d.light is dedicated to providing the most reliable, affordable and accessible solar lighting and power systems for the developing world and reaching 100 million people by 2020.
The job holder will be responsible for payroll processing, information management in regard to staff records, HR reporting and management of employee benefits. This role will be based in Nairobi, and will report into the Regional HRM, Africa.
- Oversee processing of monthly payroll for the whole region to ensure it is on-time and accurately delivered.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and internal policies.
- Liaise with auditors and manage payroll tax audits.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports.
- Resolve issues and answer payroll-related questions.
- Compile and update employee data through HRIS and file hard copies as required.
- Prepare HR reports and analyst (regular and ad hoc) to support business decision making.
- Manage employee inquiries regarding C&B, company policies and procedures, laws and regulation related matters.
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees.
- Manage employee benefits (medical , Group Life/Accident WIBA and pension) and ensuring a good working relationship with the service providers.
- Identify benefit options by studying programs and obtaining advice from consultants.
- Inform employees of benefit usage by preparing and distributing benefit reports.
- Maintain benefit records by developing recordkeeping systems; initiating new-hire benefits; recording changes.
- Expedite delivery of benefits by establishing and maintaining working relationships with benefit providers.
- Reconcile benefits accounts by approving billing statements.
- Manage of Expatriate and Work Permit Management while partnering with appointed vendors.
Key Performance Indicators
- Accurate and timely payroll and reporting.
- Management employee records (system and hard copies), employee services, and employee benefits meeting functional and compliance requirements.
- SLA met by appointed vendors in service delivery in the area of medical, pension, Group Life and Insurances services.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences or Industrial Psychology from a recognized university. A post graduate qualification in business management, HR or industrial psychology will be an added advantage.
- 4-7 years of progressive HR experience with a preferred specialization in C&B and project management.
- Proven record of application of following competencies: Planning and Organizing, Negotiation skills, Effective Communication, Problem Solving and Decision-Making, Strategic Thinking, Analytical Skills.
- Excellent and demonstrable interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Working knowledge of the labour/ employment laws.
- Good understanding of the macro business environment and of how environmental factors and other drivers impact business strategies and tactics.
- Good understanding of the roles and responsibilities of key business functions and how they interrelate to achieve business objective.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong mindset for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding expectations and able to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality.
- Passion for social enterprise, development of people and environmental benefits.