9 months ago
Samata Capital is a fund management company dedicated to making private sector investments in scalable businesses in sub-Saharan Africa that advance opportunities for women and promote gender diversity. Samata’s first fund focuses on the dynamic entrepreneurial ecosystems in East and West Africa targeting high-growth industry segments including agribusiness, consumer products, financial services, healthcare and technology. The company is in the process of identifying 1-2 individuals to join the company at the partner level.
Qualification & Experience
Samata Capital are seeking candidates that have a combination of the following characteristics/ experiences:
- Highly motivated professional with 8+ years of investing experience (venture capital or private equity) or 10+ years of operational experience in emerging markets, preferably the sub-Saharan Africa region; market-rate impact investing experience is a plus.
- Significant interest in building a new fund utilizing a gender lens as a viewfinder for opportunities.
- Knowledge of relevant industry sector trends with experience in one or more of the following: agribusiness, financial services/fintech, healthcare, consumer products and technology.
- Genuine commitment to work with early stage entrepreneurs to build scalable and sustainable businesses.
- Strong business development and stakeholder relationship skills.
- Ideally, based in a country in East or West Africa but would consider those based in other geographies as well.