over 1 year ago
PayGo Energy is a revolutionary cookstove solution and distribution system that enables consumers to access clean and efficient fuel at a price point that is within their daily energy budget. By using PayGo Energy’s platform and smart meter technology, one can remove cost barriers to clean cooking fuel, and purchase gas on a pay-as-you-go basis.
Founded in 2015, with a team of 21 full-time members, PayGo Energy’s mission is to ‘connect every household to clean and affordable cooking fuel’.
PayGo Energy have patented their technology. Their key investors are Novastar Ventures, Energy Access Ventures, Global Innovation Fund, Village Capital and Global Partnerships.
PayGo Energy is seeking a talented, highly motivated and experienced individual to lead their expansion in Kenya. You will need to work collaboratively with internal management teams to achieve and surpass business KPIs for revenue, profitability, and customer satisfaction across finance and operations. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively in cross-functional teams and thrives in a fast-paced startup environment. PayGo values sharp, authentic, caring leaders, that love building high performing teams.
Are you the right fit?
- Are you passionate about being a senior leader at a small company that is building world changing products?
- Do you have experience growing a company or product line in Sub Saharan Africa?
- Can you manage the complexity and fluidity of a fast moving startup?
- Do you have strong analytical and problem-solving skills?
- Do you like building high performing teams?
- Are you ready to dig in?? This is a high profile position within the organization that will require a deep commitment to our company's mission and vision.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the VP of Finance and Operations will be responsible for expanding PayGo’s end to end operations from 300 homes to 5,000 homes by the end of 2019 and will lead their expansion regionally in 2020.
- Design, test and implement a go-to-market strategy that will take PayGo’s product and service to thousands of homes.
- Drive clarity of purpose through clear milestones and KPIs.
- Exceed company KPIs for growth, revenue, profitability, and customer satisfaction
- Support CEO in presenting the state of the business to the board and provide strategic guidance.
- Leverage your analytical background to identify opportunities for growth and to drive profitability
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, engineering, or related field.
- 7 years’ experience in a growth related capacity and/or finance, operations, or consulting.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically while applying sound business judgment.
- Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability gain respect of team members at all levels.
- Competency within the energy sector and/or technology sector.
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Strong track record of managing and growing teams, establishing systems and KPIs, and driving both revenue and profitability.
- MBA or Masters in related field.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Passion for big challenges, a good sense of humor, and someone that likes to help others to succeed.