6 months ago
Fenix International is a technology company whose mission is to transform their customers’ quality of life through disruptive innovation in energy and financial services. Their flagship product, ReadyPay Solar, is an expandable, lease-to-own solar home system financed through affordable installments from just $0.19 per day. They use real-time transaction data to create a next-generation credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans.
In 2017, Fenix announced that it was joining forces with ENGIE, one of the largest energy companies in the world. Fenix will operate as an independent company within the ENGIE group. Together, Fenix and ENGIE plan to bring life-changing energy and financial services to millions of off-grid customers across Africa in the next 5 years.
The Writer is responsible for internal and external communications within Fenix. He or she will play a key role in developing and executing strategic and operational communications materials that support the company’s mission to bring life-changing products and financial services to millions of customers. In particular, the Writer will work closely with Fenix CEO, Lyndsay Handler, in her strategic internal and external communications. These initiatives will position Fenix as the market leader within the industry, support growth within new and existing markets and maintain the Fenix culture through exceptional internal and external communications.
Fenix CEO Communications
- Work closely with CEO, creating written content on her behalf for several different audiences and initiatives including:
- Press releases, statements and articles
- Communications with key stakeholders including ENGIE, Friends of Fenix, Industry bodies etc.
- Internal emails and announcements.
- Letters to Government Officials.
- Talking Points for interviews, speeches, presentations.
- Social Media posts.
- Crisis management communications.
- Create and execute written communication initiatives to better engage, inform and inspire the Fenix Family and the wider world, positioning Fenix as the market leader in renewable energy.
- Support the Fenix leadership team with writing internal and external communications, to ensure messages are accurate, clear and aligned with Fenix’s business strategy.
- Support the creation and execution of PR objectives including collaboration with their PR agency and follow up with press opportunities to maximize coverage.
- Contribute to increasing communications capability for local country leadership through implementation of best practices, how-to guides, templates, Fenix tone of voice, etc.
- Keep up to date with trends in energy, Africa, competitors, and related industries, sharing content as necessary.
- Support social media objectives by generating engaging, thought provoking content to be shared across Fenix and leadership social media channels.
- Be an active advocate for the Fenix culture across all Fenix markets to inspire commitment to their values and ensure they all work as a “Fenix Family”.
- Collaborate with Fenix country marketing and communication teams to coordinate and provide support for communication campaigns, announcements, global team events etc.
- Take responsibility for written material to communicate with the wider “Friends of Fenix” network to ensure they are kept up to speed on the latest developments in Fenix.
- Play a key role in crisis communications to protect the Fenix Brand and minimise any possible impact on company reputation.
- Support large-scale internal communications projects such as conferences, industry events and other initiatives from design to execution.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communications skills; should be able to write in the voice of others.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in communications, journalism or public relations, ideally at a startup or PR firm.
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Business Management, Government, Journalism, English, or related field.
- Proven ability to adapt writing tone for different audiences and communications strategies.
- Highly innovative and collaborative, with excellent interpersonal skills; excited to collaborate with individuals ranging from their CEO to their rural customers.
- Excellent project management skills paired with great attention to detail.
- Passion for Fenix’s mission, customers.
- Fluency in French is preferable.
- Love of Africa is a must.
Alongside your CV please submit at least one writing sample. You can submit something you think reflects your voice, or submit multiple samples to demonstrate your range of writing audiences and tones. It’s up to you! But please give us at least one.